Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Eating Whatever the Hell I Want and Smoking an Electronic Cigarette


Some predictable results of Michelle Obama's campaign against food of which she doesn't approve.

I am so glad I grew up when I did. I really liked our school lunches. Chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, salisbury steak, and turkey stackers were among my favorites. Very few of us were obese, and those who were had issues at home, not at school.

It would be great if people ate this and that--whatever we approved. But they don't. And they never will. So we need to get over it. Wait a second--you don't eat bacon? Are you nuts?! I'll MAKE you eat bacon!

They only way to make other people eat as we demand is to force feed them what we wish and force their mouths shut otherwise. But that's the way of the paternalist nanny state, whose very success produces ever more intrusive and insulting regulations. Bliss is always just one regulation away!


Luckily, for NOW, we adults have the liberty to eat whatever we want to eat (in most places untouched by Nanny Bloomberg), and it's time for JACK IN THE BOX! And I'll smoke an e-cigarette on the way! And ride my motorcycle without their DOT helmet! And the do-gooders will not stop me!

1 comment:

  1. Great point you make there. good POST.. I like your perspective on this subject. straight bevel gears

    ReplyDelete